Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

DD is walking!!
tlkittycat1968 posted:
My 14 month old daughter started walking Sunday. She was standing there holding on to her exersaucer. She let go and stood there for a few seconds, "danced," then took two steps before she lost her balance. She's walked across the living room since then. She still prefers crawling since it's still faster for her but is walking more and more on her own without encouragement.

sarahann1978 responded:
Congrats, that moment is so exciting! It's probably my most favorite milestone.

And a huge benefit that I liked is it gets their face off of inspecting the floor. By that I mean my DS would spot the tiniest little crumb on the floor and want to eat it when he was crawling and I was constantly swiping things out of his mouth. When he started walking it wasn't nearly as frequently.
Sarah (32), DH(29), DS (Jan. 09) sarahaburger.blogspot.com

tlkittycat1968 replied to sarahann1978's response:
I didn't think of that benefit. DD does put whatever she finds on the floor in her mouth.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Alicia (25) Benito (27) DS- Riley Chase 16 mos 23.5 lbs and 31 in!

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 50 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.