Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

13 month old overdose on motrin
PHILLYMOM06 posted:
I really just have a question . My Mother's neighbor has a 13 month old and left the lid off of childrens Motrin . Well when the 13 month old woke up and was running around the apartment by himself ( not very good parenting I know ) he drank the bottle of Motrin . The mother isn't sure how much motrin was in the bottle . She gave him 2 tablespoons of vinager to make him throw up witch he never did . Can this hurt him ? She refuses to go to the ER . She is afrain Child protection will investigate . They probably should but I'm concerned what could happen to the baby .
bgabert responded:
She should have, at the VERY LEAST, called Poison Control!!
I think she needs to take him in to have him assessed ASAP.
Who knows how much he ingested and medicine overdoses can cause serious damage to organs..

If she is really concerned about Child Protection, you can call the poison control line anonymously. I still think he should be seen by a doctor though!!
Bri (24), DH Jarrod (28), DD Emery (6/15/2009), Baby Boy EDD 2/13/2011
mol13 responded:
That's really frightening--I don't know why she is so afraid of child protection when she SHOULD be afraid for her child. I don't think that child protection should investigate because a kid swallowed medicine accidentally. They should investigate because she isn't taking responsibility and taking care of her child after such an incident.

This definitely can hurt him. Motrin/ibuprofen goes through the kidneys and an overdose can cause damage.

Accidents happen. And that's pretty much it. You try to watch kids but you can't always prevent everything, and that's why there's the ER and poison control. They're not there to try and take your kids away just because of an accident.

Now that it's been almost a day, how is the baby?
Molly (30) DH (36) David 08/30/07, cancer survivor and letter-lover; Jesse 07/05/09, big talker and bigger climber. Surprise EDD 7/13/2011--MY birthday!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Iam a 25 year old that has a beautiful 21 month old daughter. She is my only child.

Helpful Tips

Sippy Tether! I got 2 of these. 1 for DD and 1 for DS. They attach to their sippy ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 36 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.