Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Picky eater! Help!
alwayssmile posted:
I have a year old girl, she doesn't have any teeth yet. And she won't eat baby food at all. She won't eat anything crushed at all! Her doc thinks she should be eating more because her weight is dropping.

Any ideas with food? What can I give her? She is extremely picky!

kfitz responded:
Now that she is one could you try yogurt? DD#1 is quite selective too. She would eat (no sugar added) applesauce, yogurt, mac and cheese, and cheerios. She had teeth, but I think your DD may be able to "gum" the foods that are harder. Also, you could try scrambled eggs. DD#1 loves those too. I would crack an egg and beat it in a small glass dish then put it in the microwave for about 45 seconds and viola! scrambled eggs! Oatmeal is still a big hit still at our house too. I buy the regular instant oatmeal packages and DD loves those too. Make sure to check with your pedi about the foods that are safe for your DD to try. My pedi said there were no restictions on foods once she turned 1, but some pedis are different.

mol13 responded:
Soft fruits and steamed/soft veggies don't require teeth, and neither do eggs. Even dark meat chicken and turkey can be chewed without teeth. Those little gums are hard!

Cheese omelettes, maybe with spinach in them, might be good for her.
Molly (30) DH (36) David 08/30/07, cancer survivor and letter-lover; Jesse 07/05/09, big talker and bigger climber. Surprise EDD 7/13/2011--MY birthday!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi my name is Angie, Im 21yrs old and proud parent to Miss Celeste. She blessed my life on 8/9/08 at 12:35pm. She is going on 2 years and such a beaut...More

Helpful Tips

Emocons
I know everyone is missing the smileys, so here are the different ways to type the smileys (just do not put spaces between the typed words ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.