Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

My Toddler doesn't want to eat!!
mspattison posted:
My18 month was was a very good eater until about 4 weeks ago. Now he is super picky about foods,especially new foods, and he doesn't even like the foods that he has had before. I dont know what to do about this. My pediatrician says that they go through a stage, but he hardly eats anything throughout the day. Is this normal? Any tips to get my little one to eat?
Me(24), Jim(32),Banin 8-4-09,EDD 7-15-11 :)Doggie Babies: Chance and Killian(Beans).

sdadkin responded:
My son is 18 months old and is going through the exact same thing right now. He wont eat hardly anything. He used to love peas and now he just refuses to even look at them. What we have been doing lately, and it seems to be working, is giving him his own plate and spoon on his high chair tray. Sometimes he only plays with it, but a lot of times he is actually eating his food! He usually makes a huge mess, but it is definitely worth it if he actually eats! Hopefully, they will grow out of this stage fast!
Me (25) SO (25) DS (7/22/09) EDD (5/10/11)

kfitz responded:
I agree with pp. I think it is just a power struggle so i would give in since it means he will eat. We will feed DD#1 off our plate while she is walking around. Anything to get the food in her. We will put her in her chair and offer her food on her own plate with her own spoon, but most of the time she just throws it on the floor and wants to eat what we have on our plates (which happens to be the same.) We have started using duct tape to tape her plate down so she can't throw the whole thing on the ground.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, My name is Ashley (25) I have been married to my DH Chris (27) for almost 7 years. We have two beautiful children together. Kaiden (5) and Madison...More

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.