Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

need expert answer on lead blood test?
annie27831 posted:
HI,
My friend is in a custady war with the father of her son he turned 1 on 1/7/11. the child lives in an old home that is in need of repaires built in 1930. she is worried about the fact that he has not taken him to get the blood test yet . he said he would take him last month but still has not done so. she does not have any way to take him herself untill after court. My question is what if any complications could happen to her son if he does have high levals of lead and he is not tested, and not treated.
CPS was/is involved and they say that they can not make the father take the baby for his test because it is not putting the baby in immediate danger or jeopardizing his well being
she is worried for her sons health and at her wits end.
thanks

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hiya,

Please feel free to ask this question on our Parenting Community , found in that post.
There are no health care experts on this community but there is one on our Parenting Community, in that link above!
I hope that helps and hope the child is well!

Chrissy

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am married to an incredible man, Dustin and we have a wonderful son Austin who was born in January 2009. I have been coming to the WebMD site since ...More

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.