Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

HELP LOW SODIUM
rosie2guns posted:
why would a 1 year old have low sodium and how can I help?

mamapajama222 responded:
I'm not sure why a child would have low sodium levels, but it seems pretty obvious how you could fix the problem. Use salt....Has your child started eating table food yet? I use salt in almost all my cooking- I modify the amount when I know my daughter is eating what I am eating (I love salt, so I add more to my plate.) I cook her whole grain pasta and brown rice. To flavor things up I use small amounts of salted butter and cheese. I have a cookbook for her babyfood called- "The best Homemade Babyfood on the Planet'. by Karin Knight, RN and Tina Ruggiero, MS, RD, LD. Tons of great food ideas for you and your baby! Hope this helps

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and welcome,

Make sure you talk to your baby's doctor about this. Don't introduce salt as a fix just yet. Make sure you know how much she may need and if that's what the doctor would recommend for this. Ask questions, call the docs office and share your concerns.
Let us know how things go please!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! I'm Meggie (31) and my wonderful DH is Jeremy (31). We have 1 DD, Rylie Katelyn (19 months) who is the love of our lives. We are now expect...More

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.