Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

What Is In Your Toddler's Easter Basket
Emma_WebMD_Staff posted:
I know not everyone celebrates Easter. But even if you don't celebrate Easter, how soon is too soon to give your little one's chocolate or Easter type candy? What alternatives are you putting in their Easter Basket?

Lets help each other get a little creative this year, for our toddlers!

sdadkin responded:
My son was not quite a year old last Easter, but we still got him an Easter basket (he will be 2 in July.) We put some toys and books in it and also some baby food jars and Gerber Puffs. It wasn't a lot, but we still wanted to do something for him.

We already have his Easter basket for this year too. We re-used the basket we bought him last year. We put a few pieces of candy (some chocolate and some marshmallow), a couple Dum Dum suckers, some small books, a car, a coloring book and a small stuffed animal. We didn't use any Easter grass because it would just be too messy (and he might try to eat it!)
Me (25) SO (25) DS (7/22/09) EDD (5/10/11)

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to sdadkin's response:
HI Sdadkin,

Thanks for sharing your little one's Easter basket. Sounds like your little one is going to have a great Easter!

Take care,
Emma

jlynnpaine responded:
We put books, jewelry, and fruit snacks in DD's basket this year. Last year, she was almost 1 and we put in things like puffs, yogurt melts, books, teethers, and hair ties and bows.

nicky1982 replied to jlynnpaine's response:
My son's easter basket has several things that is age appropriate. He is 17 months old. He has a small chocolate bunny, and a couple peanut butter cups. Instead of grass, there is a new outfit at the bottom.

Then there is some bath toys, cars, elmo socks, stuffed bunny, bubbles, coloring book, color wonder markers, and a toy to go next to the basket.

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to jlynnpaine's response:
Jodi,

Does your little one love those yogurt melts as much as mine. She sees me take the package out of the cabinet and starts clapping. Good ideas for the younger toddlers in the basket,

Take care,
Emma

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to nicky1982's response:
Hi Nicky,

Sounds like the gets the full on Easter basket. I am trying to decide if I want to throw a chocolate bunny in Ellie's basket this year or wait until next. She likes chocolate, but she's never had more than one or two bites. I think you might have helped me to reconsider :).

Take care,
Emma

jlynnpaine replied to Emma_WebMD_Staff's response:
Yes Emma, Shae loves the yogurt melts. She calls them "melties." I must admit, they are pretty tasty. :)

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to jlynnpaine's response:
And a healthy snack for them too :) Amazing how far baby food/snacks have come since I had my first 4 children :).

nicky1982 replied to Emma_WebMD_Staff's response:
Nicolas likes chocolate, and I thought it would be a nice treat for him. I will probably only give him a couple bites at a time too.

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to nicky1982's response:
Ellie likes Chocolate too, as a matter of fact she sat on my lap last night and ate a few pinches off a chocolate brownie. I'd just not thought about her getting a chocolate easter bunny. I am actually gonna go to the store tonight and get her a small one for her basket :). Thanks!

roxsalinas replied to Emma_WebMD_Staff's response:
I keep everything my twin boys eat healthy, much to my inlaws disppointment. They are quite anxious to introduce them to junk food and unhealthy ways of eating. It is unfortunately a constant battle as they are always sneaking cake to them when they think I can't see them. My twins don't even like it! In their Easter Basket they received healthy Gerber snacks, stuffed rabbits, small toys etc.

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to roxsalinas's response:
HI Roxsalinas,

Nothing wrong with wanting your kiddo's to eat healthy. Your in-laws should be grateful you want to save them from candy to young. I think they get a lot of unhealthy food later on in life, if you want to show them healthy habits starting early is a great thing!

Take care,
Emma

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 23 year old mother of a beautiful baby girl, and expecting another baby girl in January. My wonderful husband and I have been together for 5 ye...More

Helpful Tips

Sippy Tether!
http://www.comfykids.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102 I got 2 of these. 1 for DD and 1 for DS. They attach to their sippy ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.