Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Baby Updates
Emma_WebMD_Staff posted:
I figured I am a new moderator on this board, and I'd like to get to know all of you better. So tell me the name you'd like to use on the board, your LO's name/nickname and ages. And maybe what your favorite dessert is.

Here's my info:

I am Emma, my 4 older boys are J 17, B 13, E 11, D 9 and my little girl, Ellie is 15 months on the 25th.

My favorite dessert is chocolate brownies, with chocolate icing on top.

So who's next?

jlynnpaine responded:
Hi Emma.

My name is Jodi, DD is turning 2 on Sunday so I won't be on the board for much longer. Her name is Shae and we call her Shae Bear. My dad calls her Lucy. Depending on the day, if you ask her what her name is, she may say Shae Bear and she may say Miss Lucy.

My favorite dessert is cheesecake, followed very closely by brownies.

QTpie2009 responded:
Hi Emma,

You can call me by my screen name but my first name is really Stephanie. My DS, Kayden is 22 months old and he will be 2 in June. He is our first child but we are trying for #2.

My favorite dessert is a brownie sundae with caramel! Mmm!
Me(27), DH(30), DS Kayden Riley born 06/09/09 ALLERGIC to eggs

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to jlynnpaine's response:
Hi Jodi,

Even my teenagers know brownies for the win with mom :). Why does your dad call her Lucy? It's cute!

Take care,
Emma

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to QTpie2009's response:
Oh Stephanie,

Caramel on top, girl you are pushing the sugar limit there :). I love brownies really anyway I can get them. For Valentines day my DH made brownies, and then put ice cream and caramel on top of it and ohhh was it amazing!

Take care,
Emma

jlynnpaine replied to Emma_WebMD_Staff's response:
My dad calls her Lucy because we didn't tell anyone her name until I delivered her. So he started calling her Lucy once we found out she was a girl and has continued to do so. It's precious how much he adores her and the name is very fitting since it's after my grandmother and great grandmother.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
My name's Tammy but I'll answer to kittycat. I have two kids: DS who is 3 1/2 yrs and DD who is 17m.

DS' name is actually Paul but since that's his dad's name, one of my cousin's name, and my cousin's husband's name, we call him PJ for Paul Junior. We've been calling him that since before he was born.

DD is Kylee and doesn't have a nickname. I sometimes call her Cutie Patootie.

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Hi Tammy,

I am so glad you introduced yourself! I love the nickname PJ, I don't know why I've always been fond of it! Sounds like you have your hands full. Look forward to hearing more about your LO's :)

Take care,
Emma

sdadkin responded:
My name is Dawn. I have a son named Carter who will be 2 on July 22nd and I am currently 37 weeks pregnant with our second son. We are naming him Mason. My due date is May 10th, but at my last appt the Ob said he was measuring big (7 lbs 7 oz) and that she would induce me by 39 weeks.

My favorite dessert is a tie between my grandmother's homemade brownies and Breyer's Oreo icecream :)
Me (25) SO (25) DS (7/22/09) EDD (5/10/11)

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to sdadkin's response:
Hi Dawn,

See another brownie lover :). Congratulations on your upcoming birth of our son! Can't wait to see you on the newborn board again for Mason :).

Take care,
Emma

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Christine (26), and I am a new(ish) mommy! I am married to my DH Chris (29), and we had our amazing little boy Brandon in January 2009! He is ...More

Helpful Tips

Emocons
I know everyone is missing the smileys, so here are the different ways to type the smileys (just do not put spaces between the typed words ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.