Agressive
Anon_234121 posted:
i have 2 kids my oldest is 11 and my youngest is 18months-and last month my older brother and his family moved into our house while they were looking for a new one. Well my older brothers oldest son has add/adhd & at times can be very agressive exp. when he has "tunnle vision" where he will do whatever it takes to get what he wants.
well lately i have noticed that my son has become more agressive since they moved in & i really am unsure how to break this. he is my first boy so idk if its a boy thing or something he has picked up. I truely believe he has learned this behavior from my nephew. I miss my sweet baby who yes would have his moments by throwing a fit-but he wouldn't turn agressive. any advice??

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon,

I'm sorry to hear about your little man's aggressive changes and hope that this is just a short-lived stage.

What exactly is he doing to show this aggression? Does he act out to others, his toys? Does he communicate directly with and without aggression?

It is also a great idea to speak with your pediatrician if you are concerned. Hope to hear more and wish you and the family the best!
Amelia

coloradomom22 replied to Amelia_WebMD_Staff's response:
I'm hoping that once our house gets back to normal he might settle down. Does it sound crazy that I think its because of my nephew & how aggressive he is. because it wasn't a problem before they moved in.
Now even the simplest things make him mad-if you tell him no he'll find the nearest person and hit them head butt them or he'll throw himself down and bang his head. Sometimes if were are cuddling & he gets mad he'll hit his head on the wall! I did ask his doctor on his 18month old check up & her advice was just to clam him down or put him in a place where he can't hurt himself or anyone else. It just makes me sad because a month ago he wasn't this way-

QTpie2009 replied to coloradomom22's response:
I don't think it's crazy at all to think he's picking up behavior from your nephew. There's a boy at DS's daycare (who happens to be the caregiver's grandson) who strikes out at the dog, yells at people and is just a little brat. Since DS started going there he started copying his behavior. I make sure I correct him at home and he gets disciplined whenever he does those behaviors, but it would be hard having the nephew live there. I hope everything can get back to normal soon for you :)
Me(27), DH(30), DS Kayden Riley born 06/09/09 ALLERGIC to eggs