Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Agressive
Anon_234121 posted:
i have 2 kids my oldest is 11 and my youngest is 18months-and last month my older brother and his family moved into our house while they were looking for a new one. Well my older brothers oldest son has add/adhd & at times can be very agressive exp. when he has "tunnle vision" where he will do whatever it takes to get what he wants.
well lately i have noticed that my son has become more agressive since they moved in & i really am unsure how to break this. he is my first boy so idk if its a boy thing or something he has picked up. I truely believe he has learned this behavior from my nephew. I miss my sweet baby who yes would have his moments by throwing a fit-but he wouldn't turn agressive. any advice??

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon,

I'm sorry to hear about your little man's aggressive changes and hope that this is just a short-lived stage.

What exactly is he doing to show this aggression? Does he act out to others, his toys? Does he communicate directly with and without aggression?

It is also a great idea to speak with your pediatrician if you are concerned. Hope to hear more and wish you and the family the best!
Amelia

coloradomom22 replied to Amelia_WebMD_Staff's response:
I'm hoping that once our house gets back to normal he might settle down. Does it sound crazy that I think its because of my nephew & how aggressive he is. because it wasn't a problem before they moved in.
Now even the simplest things make him mad-if you tell him no he'll find the nearest person and hit them head butt them or he'll throw himself down and bang his head. Sometimes if were are cuddling & he gets mad he'll hit his head on the wall! I did ask his doctor on his 18month old check up & her advice was just to clam him down or put him in a place where he can't hurt himself or anyone else. It just makes me sad because a month ago he wasn't this way-

QTpie2009 replied to coloradomom22's response:
I don't think it's crazy at all to think he's picking up behavior from your nephew. There's a boy at DS's daycare (who happens to be the caregiver's grandson) who strikes out at the dog, yells at people and is just a little brat. Since DS started going there he started copying his behavior. I make sure I correct him at home and he gets disciplined whenever he does those behaviors, but it would be hard having the nephew live there. I hope everything can get back to normal soon for you :)
Me(27), DH(30), DS Kayden Riley born 06/09/09 ALLERGIC to eggs

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am Katie (35), married to Randy, and a SAHM of 4 beautiful children. Ella (6 1/2- first grade), Owen (5- preschool), Connor (3 1/2), Lilly (19 month...More

Helpful Tips

Emocons
I know everyone is missing the smileys, so here are the different ways to type the smileys (just do not put spaces between the typed words ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.