Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Bed questions
Ihgirl1066 posted:
Was wondering when everyone let their child start sleeping witha pillow, and what kind of mattress did you buy to put on a twin bed?

Anmar22 responded:
I've been letting my 19 month old DD sleep with a pillow at nap time and letting her fall asleep with one at night and then I take it away, I'm still not daring enough to let her sleep all night with one though because she moves around so much. I think my sister has been letting her DD sleep with a pillow since before she was one. I'm not really sure about the mattress, I haven't given it much thought. I'm sure just your average twin mattress would be fine.

Niclaw replied to Anmar22's response:
My son is 17 mths and he has been sleeping with a pillow for about 3 months now. I actually went and bought him a pillow pet that he uses. I wasn't sure at first when to give him a pillow but I noticed that when he went to sleep he would ball the blanket under his head. Then I would have to get another blanket to cover him at night. So many blankets in the crib freaked me out.

orin34 responded:
Any old mattress is fine unless it is one of the memory foam ones (just think of a giant sponge soaking up any night time accidents). When you get a mattress make sure that you get bed guard rails if the bed is high off the ground (babies r us sells them and you can get them off craigslist). You should also get a waterproof pad or cover to go over the mattress it makes clean up easier.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 26 and married to my highschool sweetheart. We have one daughter and one son (3 and 1 years old). We are still debating whether to have more. ...More

Helpful Tips

Emocons
I know everyone is missing the smileys, so here are the different ways to type the smileys (just do not put spaces between the typed words ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 43 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.