Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Whitts end with napping...ughhh
cmm1534 posted:
I am in desperate need of some help or maybe just to hear I am not the only one! My 13 mos son has never been a good napper. But does awesome at night. He takes very short naps, as in 20 mins long. Even as a nb he only slept for 45 mins at a time. He is absolutly impossible to get to take naps now. I tried the crying it out numerous times in the past with no success or even progress. He is just too stubborn. Recently I have started the sitting by his bed and moving my chair closer o the door every.3 days. First 3 days he did great...not so much now. Wont go to.sleep unless he can feel my touching him. But like I said he goes down at night without a peep. Any suggestions anyone? My husband is deployed and I have a 5 year old, so I really need him to sleep!

Ihgirl1066 responded:
No advice but i can surely relate. My son is now almost 16 months and once he hit 3 weeks, the napping ended. If he did nap it was only when i held him and it was like a 20 min nap here and there. Eventually got him to nap on the couch when he was a lil older, but for about the same time frame. Fianlly like 11 months rolled around and he was napping for 1.5-2 hours in the crib!! Then when he hit 14.5 months all heck broke loose again, he wont nap at daycare so when he gets home he is sooo crabby, but still wont go to sleep until 8-830. It takes a lot of trying to get him to nap here and then its only for maybe an hr and he wakes up crabby.

Unlike you tho, my son was never good at sleeping through the night and still isnt, and to top it off we have a baby commin in 5 weeks!! The cry it out doenst work for him at all either, he just gets himself sooo worked up to where he starts to hyperventilate. I figure when hes 15 he wont want mommy and daddy to rock him to sleep n e more, so i cherish the time now.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi cmm,

I also feel your pain, as my daughter never was a big sleeper and that never changed. Hopefully, this WebMD Toddler Nap Time Guide will give you some new tips or reminders to help your situation.

Keep us posted and good luck!
Amelia

Spotlight: Member Stories

Erica(27) Wes(27) Katelyn Joy- 15 months. My little peanut!

Helpful Tips

Sippy Tether!
http://www.comfykids.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102 I got 2 of these. 1 for DD and 1 for DS. They attach to their sippy ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.