Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Deadly Cantaloupe and Arsenic in Applejuice!
Amelia_WebMD_Staff posted:
More heads up after this week's contaminated ground turkey?!? YES!

The CDC has sent out a nationwide alert over Colorado cantaloupe carrying deadly listeria bacteria. Two people have already died, while many others have been hospitalized after eating the melons.

Also in the news, arsenic is found in apple juice . While the FDA says that the amounts are nothing to worry about, let's at least be aware to decide for our own families' safety.

Take care and have a great weekend!
Amelia

Q8gm5 responded:
Thanks Amelia, I actually saw the information about the arsenic being in our apple juice on the Dr. Oz show. It was really upseting to me. What gets me is that he found more arsenic in the juices like Motts and Juicey Juice which are the juices marketed the most as being safe for our children. He found the least in Minute Maid, which had 1 point over the amount allowed in water. Also Gerber had high amounts of Arsenic as well. I am really considering buying a juicer, and just making my own. Using organic fruit of course.

Ihgirl1066 replied to Q8gm5's response:
It wasnt to many years ago they claimed you shouldnt eat store bought apples for some reason i dont remember. It killed apple farmers and what a couple weeks later they said you'd have to eat like 1000 apples a day for it to hurt you. I think they need to get all the facts straight about the apple juice since only 1 doc made the claim b4 they scare millions of ppl.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (32), DH Matt (37) Happy to be a SAHM to my two wonderful children! Matt (21 months) born 8-3-2008, 6lbs 8oz, 19.5 in Emily (3 months) born 2-17...More

Helpful Tips

Emocons
I know everyone is missing the smileys, so here are the different ways to type the smileys (just do not put spaces between the typed words ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.