Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Carol Cline Potty Training?
alwayssmile posted:
My DD is 20 months old. She seems to be ready to be potty trained. I want to try. See how it goes. I an thinking about buying Carol Cline Potty Training. Has anyone tried using her method to potty train? What have you heard about it?

Or is there another way I can train without having to buy anything. Everyone I talk to seem to say it's so hard and frustrating.

sarah0323 responded:
I honestly say wait until they are ready. It makes it so much easier. If they aren't ready then it is hard and frustrating. The way that I have potty trained all my LO's is we do a potty boot camp. Plan on staying home all weekend. Stock up on drinks and cleaning supplies. Then we set the timer to go off every 20 minutes. When the timer goes off they go to the potty. If they go on the potty they gets lots of praise and maybe a special treat (sticker, chocolate chip). We work our way up from 20 minutes. I have potty trained at different ages. Just make sure that they are ready.

For my last boy I was tired of potty training and honestly said if he wanted to stay in diapers he could. One day before Christmas he told me he was a big boy and was going to use the potty. He did and he used it every day since. I hadn't even though about training him yet but he was ready. Maybe that was a fluke but it was so easy. For my LO now I will be waiting until she is ready to use the potty.
Me (33), SO (33), DD1 (12YO), DS1 (7YO), DS2 (6 YO), DS3 (4YO), DD2 11/2010.

alwayssmile replied to sarah0323's response:
Thank you Sarah, when would you consider a toddler is ready?
I read on BabyCenter all of the signs and she does all of them. Last night I put her on the potty chair and she was acting up a little. She wanted her doll to go but not her. Since it's my first child I dont know what to expect. I am going to keep trying maybe she's just not used to going on potty chair.

sarah0323 replied to alwayssmile's response:
I personally would leave the potty in the bathroom or where ever you are going to have it. When you go to the bathroom set her on it so she gets used to it. For my first DD I strated training her shortly after she turned one. She didn't quit having accidents until she was almost 2. Now I wait before I even think about training until they are closer to 2. For my last DS he was almost 3 when he was potty trained. Though little boys usually aren't ready as soon as little girls.
Me (33), SO (33), DD1 (12YO), DS1 (7YO), DS2 (6 YO), DS3 (4YO), DD2 11/2010.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Living in the desert with a husband, a toddler, and a black lab.

Helpful Tips

Sippy Tether!
http://www.comfykids.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102 I got 2 of these. 1 for DD and 1 for DS. They attach to their sippy ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.