Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

I don't know what it is????
kelsiehinds posted:
Hey!
my one an a half year old has dry skin around his left eye and has 2 [what it looks like are pimples> underneath and 1 on top of his eyelid, I have asked the doctor what it is and he is convinced it is dry skin and to put cortezone cream on it, it just makes the dry skin go away not the pimples, my mom and everyone else that sees him thinks its something else..he has had it for months and i just cant get rid of it. It seems like it is getting worse. He had 3 under his eye but one got so big it popped when he was in the tub. what do you think it is? should i take him to a skin doctor instead?

naggingwife74 responded:
I just took my daughter to the doctor because her left eye was flaky and kind of red.

Doctor said that she had really dry skin and I needed to keep it moisturized. She said to wash it a couple times a week with baby soap or baby shampoo. Use a Qtip, soap and warm water and wash it gently. Then put vasaline around her eyes to really moisturize the skin.

**She said if dry skin around the eye doesn't get treated it will cause a stye. ( a white bump that looks like a pimple) Keep the eye moisturized and see if that helps clear it up.

orin34 responded:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stye
I know this is an obvious answer and hopefully your doctor at least considered it.
I have had students in my class with these and have even had one or two myself.

kelsiehinds replied to naggingwife74's response:
Thank you so much!!

kelsiehinds replied to orin34's response:
Thank you! it helped alot, his doctor didnt even mention that!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! I'm recently Married to a wonderful Woman and she had a daughter who just turned one a few weeks ago. I'm very lucky to have them both ...More

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.