Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Bath time
BNWilson3 posted:
How often do you give your child a bath? Thanks

fiannakyn responded:
I give my 17 month old a bath every night as part of the bedtime routine. Vary rarely do we skip bathtime. In the month we've had him, we have skipped maybe 3 nights.
Vicky(34), DH(34), DFS(16m) possablily adopting!, DS due Christmas Day, by private adoption.

Ihgirl1066 replied to fiannakyn's response:
We give our son (18 months) a bath each night except for the few rare occasions we get home to late and he's really tired and he just goes to bed.

sarah0323 responded:
It is mostly every day. We don't do bath before bed unless she is really messy. My SO gives her a bath in the afternoons. A bath wakes her up so we try not to give her one before bed.
Me (33), SO (33), DD1 (12YO), DS1 (7YO), DS2 (6 YO), DS3 (4YO), DD2 11/2010.

j9ween3 responded:
3 times a week unless really messy
Janine (Tyler -6, Bella -4 and Giana -13 months born 8 weeks early)

Anmar22 responded:
We've done every other night since she was born. She's 21 months.

orin34 responded:
I give my son a bath every evening as part of his bedtime routine. I will skip it occasionally if we get home late ect. But otherwise its every night

megbrubaker responded:
We usually do every other night. For both of my kids (3yo and 17 month). When DS was a baby I gave him a bath everynight as part of our routine and in the winter months it dried out his skin so bad that it burned when we put lotion on. So I've just done every other night unless they are really messy. In the summer if I put sunscreen on them I gave them a bath that night even if it wasn't "bath night"
Megan (26), DH (30)
Two beautiful children, DS: Boston(3)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I are high school sweethearts and have been married since 2005. Our DS, Kayden Riley was born June 9, 2009. I love being a mom!! Hopefu...More

Helpful Tips

Sippy Tether!
http://www.comfykids.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102 I got 2 of these. 1 for DD and 1 for DS. They attach to their sippy ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 36 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.