Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

How Fast has Your LO Gained Weight? (Childhood Obesity Study)
Amelia_WebMD_Staff posted:
"Babies who gain weight most quickly are at highest risk of obesity later in childhood, a Harvard study finds."

But before you change your LO's diet and start to panic, please check out the Fast Baby Weight article and speak to your pediatrician about your LO's weight/height percentile lines and any concerns. It is still unknown what, if anything, should be done about these findings, but never too early to learn more about our children.
  1. What was your LO's birth weight?
  2. How old is your LO now?
  3. What's your LO's weight/height, today?

KSHoh responded:
My sons birth weight was 6lbs 12oz
13months old
22lbs 31.5in

fiannakyn replied to KSHoh's response:
Sam was 6 lbs 1 oz at birth according to his medical records.

At 16 months and 2 weeks he was 26 lbs and about 2.5 feet tall.
Vicky(34), DH(34), DFS(16m) possablily adopting!, DS due Christmas Day, by private adoption.

Megkate3 responded:
Charlie Victoria weighed 7lb, 3oz at birth
She is now 16 months old (sob)
She weighed 20.8 lbs and was 31 inches long at her appt 2 weeks ago.

orin34 replied to fiannakyn's response:
How funny....... My son is ALMOST the same.
He was heavier at birth he was 8 lbs 4 oz. . . . but at his last doctor appointment he was 26 lbs and 2.75 feet tall.
He has shot up a lot in the height percentile curve recently and his weight has gone down a bit in the percentile curve (not drastically..... he went from like 75th to 72nd... so he is lengthening out).
It's pretty funny people think that he is two.

Anmar22 responded:
  1. What was your LO's birth weight? 7lbs 7 oz
  2. How old is your LO now? 22 months
  3. What's your LO's weight/height, today? At 18 months she was 24 lbs/35 inches.

Ihgirl1066 replied to Anmar22's response:
1. 7 lbs 13 oz
2. 18.5 months
3. 27 lbs 35 inches. A tall bean pole, you can see every bone in his upper body. Dont think hes on track to be obese. hes either been in th 99 percentile or off the charts since his first doc appt.

fiannakyn replied to Megkate3's response:
I love your daughter's name Vicky's short for Victoria
Vicky(34), DH(34), DFS(16m) possablily adopting!, DS due Christmas Day, by private adoption.

fiannakyn replied to orin34's response:
Orin34- I know! Sam wears 24m/2T shirts for the length but in pants he's just now fitting into 18m. he's long torsoed.

orin34 replied to fiannakyn's response:
Yeah, My son has the same problem..... depends on the brand, but there are some shorts that my son wears that are 9-12 months. 18 month pants fit loose but at last they aren't floodwater pants like the 12 month ones...lol
His shirts drive me crazy, who in the world decided that shirts should be so short? If I put him into some 18 month ones he is totally showing his belly to the world. And he is OBSESSED with his belly button. So it has been 24 month-2T shirts for the last month or so.. .
And the price of childrens clothes is OUTRAGEOUS! We go to children's orchard and don't buy anything new from a major store that isn't clearance (I won't pay more than $5 for a shirt...... baby gap charging $40 is just ridiculous).

Ihgirl1066 replied to orin34's response:
I know what you guys mean my son is 18 months and i just had to move him into 3t tops, the only prob is that he's so thin they look so baggy on him, but the 2ts are to short. Hes in 18 month pants, but they are way to huge in the waist, even the adjustable pants cinched as tight as they can go are still way to big!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Crystal. I have a daughter, Caedance who is 16 months and another on the way! EDD 13 October 2010

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 50 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.