Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Toddlers & Fevers
BaylinsMom posted:
Its that season now. I have a 1 year old and recently he had ran fever for 3 days but no other syptoms. I tried to get into the doctor but with only fever and nothing else, i was told to treat at home. The next day he was running high fever, runny nose, and coughing. So i took him in to the doctor. When we got into the office they took his temp and it was 105.2. My question is how can high fever affect the body on a toddler?

orin34 responded:
You didn't ask the doctor? could you call and just ask for possible side effects?
High fevers can bring on seizures.... My son had roseola at 14 months and that was one of the things that I was told to "look for" because his temp was so high. They didn't really go into much for him either now that I think about it... just the usual give him liquids, luke warm baths, make him comfortable ect.... I didn't even go into the doctors office to be honest,

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Baylin,

I'm checking in to see how your son is doing! Here's a link to an article that might answer some questions for you: Fever: Age 3 & under

Also, here is a link to the WebMD First Aid and Emergency section for fevers: Treating Fever in Children

Please let us know how he's doing!

Haylen

orin34 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
great article. I like the explanation of why leaving a kid in a car is so dangerous. I live in southern california and it seems EVERY YEAR there is someone who does this and ends up killing their child.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! My DH and I have a beautiful little 15 month old girl and she has a little brother on the way! EDD is May 13th but I will be having a scheduled...More

Helpful Tips

Emocons
I know everyone is missing the smileys, so here are the different ways to type the smileys (just do not put spaces between the typed words ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.