Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Santa Memories and holiday traditions
orin34 posted:
My brother and I got pictures with Santa every year and I have started the same tradition with my son. The picture I got wasn't so bad, he looks really unsure and a little scared.The other pics that were taken he was crying in all of them..... I was tempted to get a crying one since I have six straight years of myself crying on santas lap... but I went with the "nice" one. The line wasn't so bad (the longer you wait the worse it will be). My MIL is really upset with me because I told her I didn't get her one. They were $25 a piece! I told her that I would scan it in and I can e-mail it to her... then she demanded that I buy her a 5x7 (???) Whatever crazy lady. We don't have the money.
Anyways, other holiday traditions include:
*Cookie bake day (the kids make their gingerbread houses). The mommys make all the delicious christmas treats.
*Christmas light watching!: We all pile into the car with pajamas and cocoa and go cruising the neighborhood looking for the most fantastic light display.
What are your family holiday traditions that you have done or would like to do?

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Orin!

I meant to reply to your post the other day and love it! I'm starting to get into the holiday spirit, so YAY! BTW, others wanting the Santa pic should at least contribute in my opinion.

I'm also a fan of the crying Santa pics, especially since my DD has grown out of it.

Our other holiday traditions:
* Festival of Lights - county park full of lights, a carousel, Santa, a train, hot chocolate, bonfires with smores and more. LOVE IT!
* Decorating the Gingerbread House
* Visiting Santa and getting the pic
* Tons of Crafts
* Sprinkling reindeer food in the yard on Christmas Eve. (Oatmeal mixed with sparkles)

Look forward to hearing more ideas!
Amelia

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! My name is Jennifer and DH and I have a little boy named Ethan. He is 18 months old and is spoiled rotten :-) His birthdate is 8.19.08.

Helpful Tips

Sippy Tether!
http://www.comfykids.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102 I got 2 of these. 1 for DD and 1 for DS. They attach to their sippy ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.