Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Sleep!!
cah91410 posted:
My DD is 14 1/2 months old, and she still does not sleep very well at night. She is up and down almost all night. Now, some days are better than others, where she does sleep pretty well, but then its back to ups and downs. Also the other night, she was at her Grandma's house..and my neice threw up while she was there....and a few more times that evening I guess. Well went and picked my DD up, and this was 3 days ago. My neice had no fever....but I am scared and waiting for my DD to be sick. Does this mean just because they were together that she will get what my neice had? And a lot of times, I know they will drink out of the same sippy cup (which I hate), but when I'm not there, there is nothing tI can do, and I know my in-laws let it happen.

Ihgirl1066 responded:
Our son is a lil over 19 months and has just started sleeping through the night. Otherwise he got up at least once a night to eat or i should say drink a bottle of milk. And he also usually woke and cried for a few secs and then went back to sleep, but the last 6 days he's done excellent and slept through like a champ!

orin34 replied to Ihgirl1066's response:
19 months!!!!! You are a super mom! I could never deal with waking up in the middle of the night for a year and a half. Have you seen the movie night of the living dead? Yeah.... that would totally be me if I got nightly wake ups. I have slept 14 hours in one stretch before (pre mommy of course), but I need at last 8 hours to be functional. Those first few weeks of no sleep killed me.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Amanda(33), DH (37), DS - Zachary 10/3/08

Helpful Tips

Emocons
I know everyone is missing the smileys, so here are the different ways to type the smileys (just do not put spaces between the typed words ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.