Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Update on 17 month old- walking status
5ylver posted:
She's now taking more steps on her own! She does better when she's distracted. when she's thinking about it then she won't walk she'll just get down and crawl. She's taken a lot of steps today though on her own! I'm so excited! She's almost there!

orin34 responded:
YAY! It won't be long before you are cursing your encouragement and wanting her to crawl again. lol.
I remember wanting my son to walk so bad and then once it happened he was WAY harder to catch. He is a wanderer and he can get farther in a shorter amount of time when he is walking

5ylver replied to orin34's response:
lol I'm sure I'll regret it but love it at the same time

Ihgirl1066 replied to 5ylver's response:
ohh no you wont regret it believe me after having to carry my son around for 15 months i was soooo happy he could finally walk on his own!

5ylver replied to Ihgirl1066's response:
true lol I also have a 2 month old now. I dislike going anywhere with them just because I don't like the idea of putting one in the car then going back in the house for the other, leaving one in the car. I won't do it, even for a second and just a few feet away. Which is why I just don't go out unless DH is with me then we all get in the car at once. Things will get much more convenient when she becomes more comfortable with walking

We have a two month old also!! I cant wait til she can sit on her own lol shes very strong for being 2 months and does excellent sitting in a bumbo seat or sittin up on the couch. It doesnt take long and they never stop running

orin34 replied to 5ylver's response:
I was a nanny for about six months and I took my son with me. I would walk out holding hands. They played in the seat (not belted in yet) while I put my son in his seat.... Then I did the others. It made everything much easier with multiple children.

5ylver replied to orin34's response:
Orin, my daughter is very weird. I can't sit her on the seat of the car, for some reason she's terrified of it (same with public floors, she wouldn't sit in the play area at my ob-gyn's office with DH while I was being checked or anywhere else we took her that would have play areas, she refused to stand when my pediatrician asked to see how her legs are doing with holding her up when I tried standing her, she lifted her legs. she even hates changing stations!) I'm sure I'll get used to having 2 kids soon lol I'm still getting used to it
lhgirl, how far apart are your kids? we seem to have the closeness in age for our kids in common lol

They are 17 and 5 days apart!! I love it we are only having the two and i cant wait to start going on trips with them, its going to be so much fun!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

i'm married to my best friend and we have a fantistic blended family.i have two children,a ds18yrs. and a dd 13yrs.and he has two dd 13yrs. and 7y...More

Helpful Tips

Emocons
I know everyone is missing the smileys, so here are the different ways to type the smileys (just do not put spaces between the typed words ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.