Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

How much should a one year old eat?
mlreisner posted:
Having a problem with a one year old not wanting to eat. I am just curious on how much should a one year old be consuming between bottles and food? Thank you for your help.

Ihgirl1066 responded:
My son ate tons up to a point then went through a stage for a while were in my opinion didnt eat enough to keep a bird alive, but he still gained weight, he prob wasnt growing much at the time, i never forced him, i fig if he is hungary he will eat. It didnt last long and he's eating like a horse again!

krazykatt707 responded:
As much or as little as they want. : ) It's pretty normal for their appetite to go down once they become toddlers as they are not growing as much as they did as babies. My 1 yr old DD has always been and still is a veracious eater! My DS has always been a light eater. He is 95th percentile for his height and weight and DD is 95th for height and 75th for weight. All kids are different. Just offer three balanced meals and 2 snacks. LO will eat when they're hungry.
Rachel(27), DH(28), Jon Roland(5), Kira Elizabeth(1)

Spotlight: Member Stories

DS born 11/25/08 via c-section after not growing for about a month .... born 4 lbs 12 oz at 37 weeks. He is IVF our miracle after 10 fertility treatme...More

Helpful Tips

Emocons
I know everyone is missing the smileys, so here are the different ways to type the smileys (just do not put spaces between the typed words ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.