Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Good toys for my 1 yr old daughter?
krazykatt707 posted:
What are some toys that would be good for my 1 yr old DD? My son loved his cars, blocks, and balls. I've tried those and more with her and she still is way more interested in the stuff she's NOT supposed to play with! She's a busy little girl, started crawling at 7 months and walking right before her first birthday, so she its hard to get her interested in toys.
Rachel(27), DH(28), Jon Roland(5), Kira Elizabeth(1)

blueeyebaby responded:
Have you tried baby dolls and strollers she could give them rides in/ carry toys in. My dd loves the blocks from the shape sorter (she lines them up and moves them from place to place) and is into building right now. She cooks alot with their kitchen set. She also liked they toy that you have to turn, push, or twist different knobs to get the animal to pop up. It helped teach her how to do those things and just closing each one as I popped them up for her amused her for 30 minutes at a time. Chunky puzzles were also a hit starting just after 1 and she is finally able to get some pieces back in herself (she is 20 months now)

krazykatt707 replied to blueeyebaby's response:
Thank you for the suggestions! She has a baby doll but all she does is smack its face on the floor. lol! I also have the toy that you twist diff knobs to have animals pop up and she does like that. I think I'll get her some wooden blocks and see if those will entertain her or maybe the stroller you suggested.
Rachel(27), DH(28), Jon Roland(5), Kira Elizabeth(1)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married to my loving husband of 3 years. We have 2 sons, one who flies with the angels, and one who we love every minute with.

Helpful Tips

Sippy Tether!
http://www.comfykids.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102 I got 2 of these. 1 for DD and 1 for DS. They attach to their sippy ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.