Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

1 years old and 2 sinus infections
LonsKrys posted:
Okay, some may think I'm crazy because as I've read kids don't really get allergies until they are over 3 years old. If its not allergies then I'm at a loss as to what I am supposed to do. With the pollen count being EXTREMELY high in my area recently, my son (will be 1 year old in a week), has already had two sinus infections in less than 2 months. Maybe I'm just over reacting. My other son who is 2+ years old, has only had one in his entire 2 years. I'm just kind of concerned as to what it could be causing these infections if it isn't allergies? And what can I do to prevent them. And to answer any questions, no smoking is done in my home/around my kids nor are pets allowed near my kids. I do smoke (outside) and I do have pets (outside) but neither of them are allowed in my home or around my kids. Any suggestions?

kay_kay75 responded:
Just thinking out loud, but even if you don't smoke in your home the smoke is still on your skin and in your clothing when you go back in the house. I would say it might have started off just as a little cold that developed into something more. Do you still aspirate him when he gets drainage? I know it is not easy (my daughter is 14 months) since they can fight you more now but I wonder if that would help everything keep from getting infected? I hope you get it figured out soon!

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH Erich, 26. DD Felicity, 13 months.

Helpful Tips

Emocons
I know everyone is missing the smileys, so here are the different ways to type the smileys (just do not put spaces between the typed words ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.