Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

13 months baby (boy) ALWAYS stubborn while trying to feed him!! Help!!!
akhan23 posted:
I have a 1 year old son..everytime i try to feed him he starts crying..more in depth..i tried different baby foods..when i feed him he just leaves the food in his mouth..i use his pacifier so he can swallow but it RARELY works! i need help he starts crying all the time when trying to feed him! Please help!

tchance55 responded:
Have you tried solid foods? His taste for baby food just might not be there anymore. When I tease my 18 month old with his sister's baby food he spits it out. You should talk about it to his pedi if other foods don't work so he doesn't start to lose weight.

kay_kay75 responded:
Try finger foods, like cheese and soft vegetables. Maybe the baby food just isn't enough anymore

Chocolatemoca responded:
Why are you still feeding him baby food? He should be eating food with his fingers by now. Is there a reason he's still on baby food?

My DD stopped eating jarred baby foods before she was 12months. She didn't like when I was trying to feed her, she wanted to feed herself.

She's now 16mos and eats everything I eat. I just make sure to cut the food into small bites so she can pick it up with her fingers.

krazykatt707 responded:
Is he still on baby food b/c he doesn't have very many teeth yet? I'm guessing he probably is losing his taste for baby food and is getting mad b/c he wants to feed himself. Kids his age become fiercely independent and want to do things for themselves. My 16 month old stopped eating baby food when she was about 10 months old. Offer him soft food like cheese, cut up eggs, crackers or the Gerber Graduates snacks. Once he gets the hang of the softer textures you can move him on to other foods. Just make sure especially at first that you are cutting the food up really tiny so he doesn't choke.
Rachel(27), DH(28), Jon Roland(5), Kira Elizabeth(1)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (32) Proud work from home mama to my petite little pixie, born 9.28.08, and my bouncing baby boy is due to arrive 5.14.10.

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.