17-month old sleeping in our bed
KimmieApples posted:
After my daughter was born she slept in her bassinet next to our bed as a lot of babies do. My husband worked nights at the time, and eventually we wound up co-sleeping because he was never there at night. Fast forward to now and she is still sleeping with us, but he is no longer working nights. I like having her in bed, but we have a queen and it is starting to get crowded. Also, my husband thinks it is time for her to sleep in her own bed. We have a crib that she naps in occassionally. She sleeps in a pack and play at her babysitter's house during the day. She is interested in her bed, and likes to sit in it sometimes but does not like to fall asleep in it on her own.

I was wanting some tips from other co-sleeping parents about how you transitioned your older baby to her own bed. I will say we are not interested in putting her in the crib, shutting off the lights and the door and letting her cry herself to sleep. We know that this is a process and appreciate any tips.

Thanks for your help.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Kimmie!

I found this article very, very helpful. And it's not the CIO (Cry It Out) method - which didn't appeal to me either:

Page 2 has a step-by-step plan:

Getting Kids to Sleep in Their Own Bed

Best of luck to all 3 of you!

Haylen