Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

If not chickenpox, then what???
MrsAnderson0602 posted:
My son is 15 months and got the varicella vaccine at his 12 month well child check. Over the past few days he has developed these red bumps on his legs and arms, primarily. He also has a few on his back and tummy and one on his forehead. He isn't scratching at all and doesn't seem to be bothered by the outbreak. A few on his legs have popped and turned crusty, but some on his arms have gone away without doing so. I know that getting the vaccine doesn't mean that he'll never have the chickenpox, but what's really confusing me is the fact that he isn't even attempting to scratch the bumps and some of them have gone away without popping and turning crusty. Any ideas???

wmatto83 responded:
I know around here (PA) what we have going around is Hoof and Mouth disease. And The way you describe it that is what is sounds like. I don't want to scare you tho so many check with your doc. Another if it is extremely hot where you are which I think most of the US is extremely hot right now maybe prickley heat? Good Luck!
ME 29 DH 39 DS 1 Fury Sons both 5

Spotlight: Member Stories

DS born 11/25/08 via c-section after not growing for about a month .... born 4 lbs 12 oz at 37 weeks. He is IVF our miracle after 10 fertility treatme...More

Helpful Tips

Emocons
I know everyone is missing the smileys, so here are the different ways to type the smileys (just do not put spaces between the typed words ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.