Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Hair obsession.
MadlyMaggieMae posted:
My 15 mo daughter is obsessed with hair. Her hair, my hair, grandma's hair, the dogs hair, any hair...

It started out with her stroking and playing with my moms hair as she drifted off to sleep now she pulls and lately shes been trying to put it in my mouth. Is this normal? how can I break her of the habit? she literally breaks down... heartbroken if your don't let her have iyour hair when she wants it.

MadlyMaggieMae responded:
she's been trying to put it in her mouth rather...

although if my hair were long enough I'm sure she'd try to force feed it to me too.
Just me(33) and my dearest daughter Cordelia Violet(15 mo.) my miracle baby!

temptay82 responded:
Wow, hopefully you recieve this and can reply since you posted 4 months ago regarding this situation. I understand your stress. My 15 month old daughter Aaliyah is infactuated with my hair. If it is in her reach then ten to one it is in her hands. It happened the same way. First was a gentle stroking to soothe her to sleep, then came the pulling and tugging. Now it seems that if I was to let go of her she could "Tarzan" from my hair, (literally). It has gotten so annoying but she is ripping it, breaking my edges off, and worst of all it hurts like crazy. She is relentless too. I say no, thirty times and thirty one times shw will go for it. I am lost at what to do, I just wanted to let you know that you are NOT alone. Reply please if you found an answer, or anone please reply if you have an answer.

Quintessa2 replied to temptay82's response:
My LO does this too. Must be normal. I just wear it in a ponytail all the time and give a firm no to tugging and pulling. It can be hard to see LO upset but that hurts. I don't know what else to do.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am married to an incredible man, Dustin and we have a wonderful son Austin who was born in January 2009. I have been coming to the WebMD site since ...More

Helpful Tips

Emocons
I know everyone is missing the smileys, so here are the different ways to type the smileys (just do not put spaces between the typed words ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.