Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Tooth Care- 18 month old
beachwahine1221 posted:
Hi, my son is 18 months and all of a sudden he doesn't like getting his teeth brushed. My parents recommended still trying twice a day but when it doesn't work give him a Listerine Strip to help disinfect - has anyone else tried this?

He doesn't seem to be interested in decorated toothbrushes or flavored (safe to swallow) toothpaste but he still refuses to let the brush in his mouth. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

earleyml1012 responded:
This may sound mean but we had to do it with DD#1, we would pin her on the ground and force her mouth open. By the time she was 2yrs old she was more willing to open her mouth for us. Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi. I'm a first time mom of a girl, Lauren. She was born 10/12/10. I enjoy the discussions and communities. I can't believe my DD will be one...More

Helpful Tips

Emocons
I know everyone is missing the smileys, so here are the different ways to type the smileys (just do not put spaces between the typed words ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.