Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

My daughter who is a week shy of a year refuses to drink .
Fallenangel214 posted:
My daughter is refusing to drink at all. This has been slowly getting worse for two months now . It started with her just not drinking as much as she once did . Our doctor told us that was fine as long as she has at least 18oz a day . Now she's not drinking at all . We have tried different bottles, cups, different types of juices , formulas , pedialyte, pediasure .Nothing has worked , She just keep spitting it all out . Our doctor doesn't seem to think its a problem but in the last month she has only gain 5oz . I'm scared she going to get really sick . What should I do ? Has anyone else had this problem ?

Ihgirl1066 responded:
Have you tried popsicles?? Does she eat fine? How many wet diapers does she have a day? I think i'd see a different doctor!

sarah0323 responded:
Will she eat water rich foods? Such as

Tomatoes
peaches
pineapple
strawberries
oranges
Cucumbers
carrots
squash
bell peppers
potatoes

Will she not drink anything? What about 1 part juice to 3 parts water?

I agree with PP I would talk with a different doctor.
Me (33), SO (33), DD1 (12YO), DS1 (7YO), DS2 (6 YO), DS3 (4YO), DD2 11/2010.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 39 yr old mother of two biological children...a son, 20 and a daughter 17. I have two step children, a boy 13, and a girl 10. We are also raisi...More

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 51 found this helpful