Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

My daughter who is a week shy of a year refuses to drink .
Fallenangel214 posted:
My daughter is refusing to drink at all. This has been slowly getting worse for two months now . It started with her just not drinking as much as she once did . Our doctor told us that was fine as long as she has at least 18oz a day . Now she's not drinking at all . We have tried different bottles, cups, different types of juices , formulas , pedialyte, pediasure .Nothing has worked , She just keep spitting it all out . Our doctor doesn't seem to think its a problem but in the last month she has only gain 5oz . I'm scared she going to get really sick . What should I do ? Has anyone else had this problem ?

Ihgirl1066 responded:
Have you tried popsicles?? Does she eat fine? How many wet diapers does she have a day? I think i'd see a different doctor!

sarah0323 responded:
Will she eat water rich foods? Such as

Tomatoes
peaches
pineapple
strawberries
oranges
Cucumbers
carrots
squash
bell peppers
potatoes

Will she not drink anything? What about 1 part juice to 3 parts water?

I agree with PP I would talk with a different doctor.
Me (33), SO (33), DD1 (12YO), DS1 (7YO), DS2 (6 YO), DS3 (4YO), DD2 11/2010.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a stay at home mama of two amazing kiddos. My son was born in August '08 and my daughter in January '10. I live in the mountains of Color...More

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.