Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

extremely painful BM's
Grams2 posted:
18 month old has daily soft stools that make her scream cry strain and sweat each and every time for about 10 to 15 minutes, there is no blood in her stool and it is extremely upsetting to watch. She has been put on lactose free milk for the past 2 months with no results. Her Dr. has no suggestions and he has not witnessed her discomfort, it is not possably normal.

Olivetre responded:
It may be that she is a little scared to go...my daughter used to be the same way. Has she been constipated before? If I put 1-2 teaspoons of corn syrup in her drink it helped soften her BM's. My DD is 4 now and from time to time she will hold it and then her BM is larger but not dry and she cries and does not want to go because she is afraid it will hurt. I calm her down and she will.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Misty. I am the proud mother of three gorgeous children. Alexander is the oldest. He's 9.His favorite thing to do is play video games....More

Helpful Tips

our trip to the ER (longish)
havnt been on here since the boards have changed so hello again! so, i was in the bathroom doing my make up to get ready & take ds ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 19 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.