Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Food Aversion
Erin1276 posted:
Hi! I am a caregiver to my nephew who is 18 months old. He is a terrific toddler- no issues with behavior. Sweet to the core. He is on the chubby side but healthy looking. I am concerned about his eating health. When he was a young baby I know his mother used to dip everything he ate in sugar so he would eat. Since my brother has gotten custody- he hasn't had ANYTHING dipped in sugar BUT we cannot feed this child anything but grapes, bananas, cold cereal, oatmeal, applesauce, yogurt, canned peaches, pizza and mcdonalds chicken nuggets and a variety of chips and crackers and cookies. He won't eat eggs, ANY cooked food other than what I've mentioned, no veggies, no cheese and no other fruits. I have tried everything. My kids were decent to good eaters of everything at this stage and I wanted to know if anyone out there has similar issues. My brother asked for help and I am at a loss. Is it ok if I feed him ONLY those things I listed? He won't eat anything else. Also, he never spits anything out. He sits with it in his mouth and cries until someone takes it out for him. He is on a multi- vitamin. Am I worried over nothing? Will he outgrow it? As of right now he doesn't have a pediatrician but a family practitioner and he hasn't been particularly helpful. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

earleyml1012 responded:
I wouldn't say eating just those things are harmful but he's certainly not getting a wide variety of food/nutrients. I've read many places that toddlers take a few times with a new food to like it, so just keep offering it to him. Try making casseroles where there's veggies mixed into pasta or rice with a sauce...maybe he'll like that. I found with both of my kids if the veggies are mixed into something they are more willing to eat it but I still offer the veggies on the side so that they can get use to the taste of them. Just keep offering him different foods more than once...don't give up! He's still really young that you and your brother can teach him to like different foods. Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Amanda and I have a wonderful husband of 8 years named Jason and 3 beautiful daughters- Jillian (6), Victoria who I stillbirthed at 36w and...More

Helpful Tips

Sippy Tether!
http://www.comfykids.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102 I got 2 of these. 1 for DD and 1 for DS. They attach to their sippy ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.