Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Bangs Head into floor
An_249245 posted:
When my 13 month old gets upset from being told not to do something or removed from something he is doing he bangs his head into the floor, or the couch or whatever is around him. I have tried calming him down and holding him and I've let him just do it and ignored it, but it doesn't stop. He sometimes cries because he hurt himself. He has given himself a bloody nose as well. Afterward he charges us and hits us with his firsts. I don't want to raise a bratty kid and wonder what I can do about it now, and if it is just a phase?
How can I discipline him so he is not going to grow up and be terrible? I think he's too little for timeout, but do have him sit in the "calm spot"...which he just crawls out of. But he is calmer.

klynshoe2 responded:
That is strange. My 13 mo daugher hits herself in the head a lot. Mostly when she's tired or in trouble. I'm concerned and don't know what to do.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 26 years old, married, with a beautiful 19 month old daughter who is my world! :) I work full time so I feel like I'm not around as much as I...More

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 50 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.