Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Early Terrible Twos?????
deschepc posted:
My daughter is going on 18 mnths and she throws herself all over..to make herself cry. she will bang her head on our tile floors...cabinets...chair legs...ect...if you ignore her she gets worse if you hold her to try to calm her she headbuts you or trys to bite. she also seems to get even more frustrated. she recently had a fever for no reason the other day. and sleeping alot more. has any other parent expierenced this or should I consult my family doctor. I am very worried about her and that something could be seriously wrong if no other child does this. and these will last for long period of time she will go to sleep wake back up and do it all over again....

Anniej3000 responded:
My oldest (Now almost 3) went through this and I am waiting for my 14 month old to do this to! Don't worry your not the only one!! I would take her in just as a GP to make sure she doesn't have any thing like ear infection cause my girls hide them well!! But after finding out she was healthy what I did if she's throwing a tantrum banging her head on stuff than if you have a well padded pack an play and put pillows in there for her to roll around on and toss herself on and let her fuss away! Put her in a different room and walk away so she knows mommy is not paying attention to her! Check on her every so often but not to often so she knows mommy is not going to pay any attention to this type of behavior! When she is done take her out and get her to play with you and get her to laugh so she knows mommy will pay attention to me when I am happy!! If its not sickness than its just attention getting!!!! That's all it is and yes as you put it early terrible twos!!!! It may take a while but it should cut back slowly!!! I hope this helps!!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me 30, DH 33 DD birthday 03/18/10. IUI to conceive and worked on the first time! Will be trying to conceive again 2012. Not sure if we'll need the...More

Helpful Tips

our trip to the ER (longish)
havnt been on here since the boards have changed so hello again! so, i was in the bathroom doing my make up to get ready & take ds ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 19 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.