Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

14 1/2 year old shows no signs of walking
mama_bear72 posted:
My 14 1/2 month old has shown no signs or desire to walk. She has strong legs so I thought there would be no problem. I originally thought it was a courage issue but as I have been watching her lately I am beginning to think it might have something to do with how she is trying to walk when I hold her hands. She gets her legs all crossed and twisted almost as if she is pigeon toed? I know I shouldn't rush her and I'm not but I'm starting to feel concerned.

earleyml1012 responded:
She'll soon go to her 15 month appointment, so I'd talk to the doctor about it then and even show them how she walks. I think I read somewhere that some babies don't walk until 18 months, so she could just be a late bloomer. Good luck and keep seeking advice if you don't feel satisfied with what your doctor tells you.

DesiR responded:
My daughter didn't walk until she was 15 months. She is now 20 months. I found it really strange because she also had very strong legs. When I asked her doctor about it I was told that it could have been because she was born at 36 weeks. I had a scheduled c section with her due to having placenta previa. She was not considered a pre- mature because she weighed 5lbs 13oz. Although she was extremely tiny. I don't know if this helps but talk to your child's doctor and see what he/she has to say. Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! My name is Rebecca. I've been with my husband for 18 yrs, married to him for 13. After 11 yrs of being told I would never beable to have babie...More

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.