14 1/2 year old shows no signs of walking
mama_bear72 posted:
My 14 1/2 month old has shown no signs or desire to walk. She has strong legs so I thought there would be no problem. I originally thought it was a courage issue but as I have been watching her lately I am beginning to think it might have something to do with how she is trying to walk when I hold her hands. She gets her legs all crossed and twisted almost as if she is pigeon toed? I know I shouldn't rush her and I'm not but I'm starting to feel concerned.

earleyml1012 responded:
She'll soon go to her 15 month appointment, so I'd talk to the doctor about it then and even show them how she walks. I think I read somewhere that some babies don't walk until 18 months, so she could just be a late bloomer. Good luck and keep seeking advice if you don't feel satisfied with what your doctor tells you.

DesiR responded:
My daughter didn't walk until she was 15 months. She is now 20 months. I found it really strange because she also had very strong legs. When I asked her doctor about it I was told that it could have been because she was born at 36 weeks. I had a scheduled c section with her due to having placenta previa. She was not considered a pre- mature because she weighed 5lbs 13oz. Although she was extremely tiny. I don't know if this helps but talk to your child's doctor and see what he/she has to say. Good luck!