Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Delsym cough syrup dosing for 1 year old
nasmia02050 posted:
What would be the proper dosing for a 20 pounds 13 month old? It is the delsym cough and cold.

lenono97 responded:
Unless it is made for a child, with child dosing on the box or bottle, I would not give it to him. Too much risk for over dose. Call the pedi and find out what product and dosage he/she recommends.

Anon_3162 responded:
Hopefully you didn't give your child any cough syrup, that stuff (even the child syrup) isn't for children under the age of 6. My 4 year old can't take half of the cough syrups on the market b/c she's still too young for them. There are a few all natural products she is old enough for but not babies. Unfortunately, until a child is much older there is not much you can do for a cough. Tylenol/Motrin for a fever, saline drops for a clogged nose, keep him/her propped up while sleeping and run a humidifier.

oboingo76 responded:
I agree with others. Most doctors say no cough medicine for babies, especially under age 4. It's horrible because they just have to sit there and suffer. I've heard 1000 recommendations to elevate one side of their mattress at night, but that only makes my daughter roll to the other side of the crib. (So help me the next person who tells me to raise one side of the crib when I haven't asked for their advice..... but that's another story).

Sometimes Vicks Baby Rub helps my daughter, but not often.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Emma I'm 28 yrs old.1rst time mommy to Madison.Married to Andrew who is 33.I stay home right now with Madison until she turns 2.Then I ...More

Helpful Tips

Sippy Tether!
http://www.comfykids.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102 I got 2 of these. 1 for DD and 1 for DS. They attach to their sippy ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.