Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
    Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

1 Year Old with Tummy Troubles
    landonet posted:
    Hi all,
    My DS is 1 year old. I switched him to whole milk on his birthday (5/9). Before being on whole milk, he was on Enfamil AR, which s milk based, with no problems. I've noticed some small red bumps around his mouth and chin this last month, but I assumed that it was from drooling and teething (he has been a teething monster!). His bowel movements have been like a yellow color since switching to whole milk and much looser. On Monday night, he started throwing up. He's been throwing up off and on all week (Monday night, Wednesday night, and Friday night). We've been giving him pedialite to keep him hydrated. He hasn't wanted to eat the last couple of days, either. Tonight, while giving him a bath, my husband and I noticed the red bumps have spread to his chest and back. His stools are still really loose (no blood) and he is really whiny and uncomfortable. Because it's a Friday night, I can't get in to the doctor until at least Monday, so any suggestions or help you could give me would be appreciated! I don't know if it's a stomach flu, if it's a dairy intolerance, or what's going on. Help please! Thanks

hgreenwood7058 responded:
    I hope you were able to take him and have him examined. It sounds like a combo of intolerance and a bug. Best wishes.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Nikki (33) Nate (34) My son Evan James was born 7/23/2008.

Helpful Tips

Sippy Tether!
    http://www.comfykids.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102 I got 2 of these. 1 for DD and 1 for DS. They attach to their sippy ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    23 of 36 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.