Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

1 Year Old with Tummy Troubles
landonet posted:
Hi all,
My DS is 1 year old. I switched him to whole milk on his birthday (5/9). Before being on whole milk, he was on Enfamil AR, which s milk based, with no problems. I've noticed some small red bumps around his mouth and chin this last month, but I assumed that it was from drooling and teething (he has been a teething monster!). His bowel movements have been like a yellow color since switching to whole milk and much looser. On Monday night, he started throwing up. He's been throwing up off and on all week (Monday night, Wednesday night, and Friday night). We've been giving him pedialite to keep him hydrated. He hasn't wanted to eat the last couple of days, either. Tonight, while giving him a bath, my husband and I noticed the red bumps have spread to his chest and back. His stools are still really loose (no blood) and he is really whiny and uncomfortable. Because it's a Friday night, I can't get in to the doctor until at least Monday, so any suggestions or help you could give me would be appreciated! I don't know if it's a stomach flu, if it's a dairy intolerance, or what's going on. Help please! Thanks

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I hope you were able to take him and have him examined. It sounds like a combo of intolerance and a bug. Best wishes.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My DH & I are 26, live in Alabama and our first/only child, our son, turned 1 July 26, 2011! At birth he weighed 9 lbs 10 oz & was 21 inches l...More

Helpful Tips

Sippy Tether!
http://www.comfykids.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102 I got 2 of these. 1 for DD and 1 for DS. They attach to their sippy ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.