Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

First Haircut
grandpacollett posted:
My 2 year old Grandson is due for his first haircut, I suggested a trim to get it out of his eyes and lose some of the wildness........his Father says that he wants to shave it all off because it will come back better. I have never heard of such a thing. That does not mean I am right. Does any one know who is closer to being right? Trim or cut it all off? Which one?

earleyml1012 responded:
I do know that some cultures shave it all off (including girls) b/c they believe it comes in thicker. However, I'm not sure if it's true. Personally, I think little boys look cuter with buzz cuts.

grandpacollett replied to earleyml1012's response:
Thank you I appreciate the perspective.

rjko5 responded:
My son's hair is still coming in so uneven. Even when we have it cut, there are still some really short parts. Maybe if you shave it, it will come back in even and will look better.

There probably isn't a right way, just one you prefer.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Its more on preference and genetics plays a part as well. Some people just have naturally thin and wild hair. Some have thick full head of hair when they are born and when they are 90. My son was born with hair. It has slowed down quite a lot but I am not going to shave his head. He will get it cut when we are ready or when it starts getting in is eyes (he will be 17 months next week). His hair is a bit crazy at times but I think that is just because he is being a wild little goober haha. You also have those that decide at 2 they want to do a mohawk for their kiddo. All kind of preference.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Hannah. I've been married for five years to a wonderful man. We have two children together. John is two and a half, and Mark just turne...More

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.