Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

17 month old Granddaughter separation issues
ginapocan posted:
My daughter is a 17 years old Mamma with a 17 month old daughter. She attends school, and works on the side. So she's gone alot. I'm the babys caretaker while she is gone. But, the baby doesn't seem to be getting used to mamma being gone alot. It's not like she subjects her to different caretakers outside the home. I have been the consistent caretaker when mamma is gone. She fusses, screams, cries, has temper tantrums, and some days it can last for hours, sometimes just a few minutes after she leaves. She's very clingy and won't give up the bottle. Her bottle is like her security blanket. Now my daughter has been doing this same routine since she was 6 months old, and partially since she was 4 months old cause she had to do some summer school that year. She was home schooled after the baby was born the rest of that year. Is this normal for this baby to be so unsettled when Mamma leaves, still? or is this a sign of something else?

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Sarah and my husband and I live in Michigan with our beautiful daughter Carley. I work full time. I really wish I could be home with DD mor...More

Helpful Tips

Sippy Tether!
http://www.comfykids.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102 I got 2 of these. 1 for DD and 1 for DS. They attach to their sippy ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.