Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Being pregnant while caring for a toddler
rjko5 posted:
Hi! I have a 16 month old son and he's wonderful! My husband wants to have another one, which is great. I do want another child, but I'm nervous about being pregnant again! Going through all the aches and pains while caring for my son just sounds horrible!

I also had morning sickness until 20 weeks with my son. How am I going to do that with a toddler? I won't be able to take naps in the evening like I did the first time, etc.

Has anyone been through a pregnancy with a toddler? Any advice? Help...I'm scared!

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I am working on that right now lol. My son will be 17 months at the end of this month and I am now 7 weeks pregnant. This pregnancy does seem a bit different with regards to morning sickness. I am still all day nauseas and I do get sick but not as bad as my pregnancy with my son where even with prescription antiemtic meds I was still getting sick several times a day and I took was about 22 weeks before it got better. Each pregnancy is different. Fatigue. Oh boy. Thats still a bad one for me and I feel out of it most of the time right now.I go to bed within about 30 minutes of my son (so around 9 or 9:30. 10ish at the latest and by then I am a zombie). And on the weekends I will try and take a nap at the same time as him (I work during the week and its kind of frowned upon sleeping at your desk during the week haha.). I know it will get harder as I get further because I am very small framed and my son already feels like a moose to me lol (he is a little over 27lb and 32.5" tall or thereabouts and I am 4'11). And so I know with a big ole belly its going to be hard to pack him around which is where hubby is going to have to come in hand. I too had the same worry as you. Learning as I go. I figured billions of people do it all the time so I can too haha. (my sister is two years younger and she is pregnant with her 4th child. First two are 2 years apart, then 14 months apart between the middle and youngest and then the next will be 22 months apart). Just takes some adjustments. Best wishes

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, My name is Ashley (25) I have been married to my DH Chris (27) for almost 7 years. We have two beautiful children together. Kaiden (5) and Madison...More

Helpful Tips

Sippy Tether!
http://www.comfykids.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102 I got 2 of these. 1 for DD and 1 for DS. They attach to their sippy ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 36 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.