Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Being pregnant while caring for a toddler
rjko5 posted:
Hi! I have a 16 month old son and he's wonderful! My husband wants to have another one, which is great. I do want another child, but I'm nervous about being pregnant again! Going through all the aches and pains while caring for my son just sounds horrible!

I also had morning sickness until 20 weeks with my son. How am I going to do that with a toddler? I won't be able to take naps in the evening like I did the first time, etc.

Has anyone been through a pregnancy with a toddler? Any advice? Help...I'm scared!

JillJo responded:
Don't feel at all rushed to have another baby. After all, it's you who will be having the baby, not your husband.

You are always the best one to judge when you are ready for another baby. So just relax and enjoy looking after your son. Moms often prefer more like a three year gap between their children and there is some evidence that this suits your children better too.

Congratulations to you and your husband on your wonderful son.

JillJo

www.babyfolk.com

rockacheli02 responded:
Hey,
Right now I am currently pregnant and this one should be here in November. My husband and I already have a 1 year old at home. It's definitely a challenge being pregnant with a little one at home already.
My best advice if you do end up pregnant again, just make sure your son doesn't feel replaced by the new pregnancy and baby on the way. Try not to change your schedule with him.
I think the worst part of this whole second pregnancy was when my doctor put me on best rest and told me I couldn't pick up my little girl until after the new baby was here.
There are plenty of upsides though! My little girl loves the extra floor time. Since I can't pick her up, my husband and I bring everything down to her level.
It's an adjustment that affects everyone in the household. Your husband may end up having to do more than he already does to help you with your son if you do decide you want another baby.

Helpful Tips

Sippy Tether!
http://www.comfykids.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102 I got 2 of these. 1 for DD and 1 for DS. They attach to their sippy ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.