Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Travel Woes :-/
smithc27 posted:
Hello everyone! I have a situation I would like some input on...

A member of my DH's family is getting married soon and we received an invitation to the wedding. The invitation was addressed to DH and myself, no "and family" or "and DD"; this tipped me off that children may not be invited. We were then told that another family member (ie, not bride or groom) would pay for children to be invited. Now, we have been re-informed that extended family child relatives are now un-invited. All of this after I scheduled plane tickets for myself and MIL (DD was to fly on my lap).

So here is my dilemma... that same relative has now arranged for a babysitter to watch DD and 1-2 others during the ceremony and reception. I do not know this person, and am VERY uneasy about leaving my 1 1/2 yr old daughter in a strange place with someone she doesn't know. What would you do? Advice, WWYD opinions please!!! TIA

Take the Poll

What would you do in this (above) situation?
  • Take DD and leave her with babysitter
  • Go to wedding with MIL, but leave DD home with my grandparents
vote
View Poll Results

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! My name is Jennifer and DH and I have a little boy named Ethan. He is 18 months old and is spoiled rotten :-) His birthdate is 8.19.08.

Helpful Tips

Sippy Tether!
http://www.comfykids.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102 I got 2 of these. 1 for DD and 1 for DS. They attach to their sippy ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.