Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

daughter is not sleeping in her bed
mommyin2011 posted:
Back story on me. I have a 2 year old son and a 1 year old daughter (11.5 months apart) and i am 32 weeks prego with a little boy (crazy, I know!).

Ok, so, my son sleeps just fine in his room...every now and then, he will come in my room, but not enough to be a problem.

Now, my daughter is very, very attached to me. I work full time and when i come home, she is glued to me.

When bed time comes around, she wants nothing to do with her crib. even at nap time. She wants to sleep with me. even if she is dead asleep, and i attempt to put her in her crib, she right away wakes up and cries. Even if I do manage to put her in her crib, about midnight, she will wake up and cry for me to take her out. And I do take her out because I don't want her to wake my son up.

So, I can't have her in my bed while caring for a newborn…

How do i get her to sleep on her own...i am thinking of taking my son to my mom's for a few days and just letting her cry it out in her crib till she learns...i hate to have her fall asleep crying, but what else can i do??

please help me!! Thanks!

undefined responded:
I know this is an old post but hopefully your issues have resolved with your daughter sleeping in her room! I wanted to give you a word of advice that helped us with this issue. Maybe it will help with your new baby. We used an amazing sleep sack called the zipadee zip for our LO. She loved it & i think bc she felt cozy in it she slept better in her bed. I hope this helps you or someone who comes across this in some way!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me(28), DH(33), DS(17 mos) - Keelin @ 15 month appt 23lbs and 30.75 inches.

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.