Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

1 year old not connecting with dad
preciouslittleone posted:
It feels like my daughter would rather spend time with anyone but daddy. She screams and throws fits when let with him. He has never really interacted with her and it has really affected their relationship. I just don't know what to do anymore. I want them to have a healthy relationship and I want to be able to get a break at some point.

gsparks29 responded:
Hrmm well i think all kids are different when it comes to this? My step-daughter didn't take too long to 'warm up' to me but i was very interactive with her. I think, with kids, 'sillyness' plays a huge factor. If he can make her laugh by playing pick-a-boo or tickling or maybe even reading her a book? Once she's warmed up to him, it's gets better...but he has put in the effort. My step-daughter will still call out for mom when it's just me and her but for hte most part, as long as i don't ignore her and engage her, she'll be pretty happy and will not have an issue spending time with me. So it's kind of all about how active he is with her and how often and what he's doing with her.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, My name is Ashley (25) I have been married to my DH Chris (27) for almost 7 years. We have two beautiful children together. Kaiden (5) and Madison...More

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 50 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.