Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Recurring Diaper Rash
katwilliams37 posted:
My Granddaughter seems to have a recurrent diaper rash; I am her caregiver four out of the seven evenings a week, while my son and daughter-in-law work the same shifts at the same company. We all change her diaper OFTEN; we use "Parents Choice" diapers and wipes and their equivalent of "Desitin" cream(generic). Can babies be "allergic" to their own urine, or be irritated by it? I've not seen this before, but it's also been a long time since there's been a baby in the house!! This is my first grandchild, so I feel, at the age of 48, I'm learning all over again!! LOL She's fair skinned and seems a little on the sensitive side. TY for any and all advice!! Sincerely,...Gramma Kat

ttaabbiitthhaa responded:
Try Resinol Cream, it is a pink colored paste and has worked wonders for my sensitive skinned daughter when she gets a diaper rash. I have only been able to find it at Walgreens its not a prescription but you have go to the pharmacy and ask them for it. I think it was $10 for a small jar, but it goes a LONG [a class="template-reply-post" id="exchange-post-enabled_A8" style="color: rgb(0, 102, 153); cursor: pointer;" onclick="LoginCreatePost(this,'parenting-1-year-olds-exchange','3'); return false;"> ways!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me(28), DH(33), DS(17 mos) - Keelin @ 15 month appt 23lbs and 30.75 inches.

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.