Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

no words
An_257492 posted:
My child doesn´t speak a word with one year. Is it normal?

capella80 responded:
Has anybody made similiar expierences?

capella80 replied to capella80's response:
its normal?

gsparks29 responded:
Our baby just turned 1 on the 22nd of June and she still only says 'mom' 'dad' or 'daddy' and she tries to say 'doggy' even if it's a cat

But other than those 3 words, she hasn't really started to 'speak' other than her sounds and pointing...she's very good at body language communication especially with 'pointing'

But as of yet, she hasn't been saying a whole lot as far as understanding her goes...so i would say it's probably pretty normal? we practice with her all the time...we'll repeat words with her while driving in the car. but the most clear word she says, perfectly is, of course, 'mom' i wouldn't worry, unless your baby isn't saying anything at all (as in no sounds or anything...) if your baby is just flat out quiet all the time besides crying, i would ask your pedia.

Helpful Tips

Sippy Tether!
http://www.comfykids.eu/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=102 I got 2 of these. 1 for DD and 1 for DS. They attach to their sippy ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.