Skip to content

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

my 1 year old does not sleep
littlebillie posted:
Hi im having trouble with my one year old at bed times and she can at times take up to 2 hours to drift off I have tried just about everything. She also is very head strong and just will not take no for an answer over anything

gsparks29 responded:
My step-daughter just turned one. She sometimes is very resistant to sleep and will SCREAM bloody murder. I found that, sometimes, just laying her down and letting her put herself to sleep works best. It's almost as if she is slowly starting to get to that 'I don't want to be cradeled' stage. It's kind of hit or miss with her. Some nights it's scream until she finally takes the bottle and other nights, like last night, I just have to lay her down, wrap her up and give her her favorite toy and she'll just fall alseep on her own. So you could try that? Or maybe wait until she is actually ready to fall asleep. Try avoiding late afternoon naps. We don't let her nap anytime after 4 o'clock so she'll be tired by bed time for all of us. otherwise, she'll be mad that she's being 'put down' when she has all this built up energy still. Lastly, if it's a continuing issue...might be something medically and would recommend getting your baby checked out. Hope it helps and hope she sleeps better!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Christine (26), and I am a new(ish) mommy! I am married to my DH Chris (29), and we had our amazing little boy Brandon in January 2009! He is ...More

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.