Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

My one year old daughter cries and screams when she poops! HELP!
aquariusmom posted:
My daughter myia is one years old at the moment but ever since she was a few months old she has had constipation prolems, now that is eating regular food when she begins to poop she cries and screams, and holds onto me for dear life..and I feel so bad because I see her poor booty is red and sometimes the poop takes a while to come out...and it is mostly hard... what can I do to help soften her stool?

finallyamom responded:
My son has had similar problems, the doctor has him on 2 different kinds of prescription laxatives and we are seeing a gastro dr next month. Since being put on laxatives, he no longer cries and holds on tight. He use to sweat from trying so hard, and it wasn't just from pushing it out, it was also from just getting it to move inside him. I took a video of him when he was pushing and that's when the dr started really doing everything. He had xrays done and even though he was no longer constipated he still had pockets along the intestines that had hard poop. I think sometimes you can tell the dr. how it is, but so many parents say things like that, until you show them how painful and difficult it is that they know your not embellishing what is going on. Good luck!!

ananyaw responded:
The question is bit old, but it may help you, it happens mostly due to the heat in the body. if you are still breastfeeding her, i suggest you to follow some diet. take your daughter to pediatrician tpp

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am an RN and a mother to a wonderful DD who is now 20mos old! She has grown so fast! Last check she was 29.4 lbs and 35 inches tall! She is mama and...More

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 51 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.