Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

Poll: about you
jlcohen78 posted:
It seems like there are plenty of new faces here so let's do a poll! 1. Name and where you are from? 2. Work status? 3. How many DC and ages? 4. Any more DC planned? 5. Relationship status? 6. Did you ever imagine your life the way it is today?

jlcohen78 responded:
1. Name and where you are from? Jamie and I'm from NJ. 2. Work status? Part-time financial analyst, full-time mom and wife! 3. How many DC and ages? 2 DC. DS is 27 months and DD is 12 months. 4. Any more DC planned? We're letting nature take its course so probably at least 1 more. 5. Relationship status? Married for 6 years but together for 13 years. 6. Did you ever imagine your life the way it is today? Not at all. I never wanted kids and always said I would be a career woman. Now I've got 2 kids and THEY are my career now! My part-time job is just to keep my mental status going, lol!

roni090909 responded:
Lurking (I will be here in 2 weeks :goofy: ) but I wanna play 1. Name and where you are from? Roni. Live in Dallas but grew up in Orlando 2. Work status? Currently full-time. But going part-time working from home at the end of the month. I can't wait to be home all day with my baby 3. How many DC and ages? 1, 11 months 4. Any more DC planned? Yes, at least 1 more maybe 2 5. Relationship status? married 6. Did you ever imagine your life the way it is today? Yes, I love my life. I always knew I would be settled, married and starting a family. I wouldn't change a thing.

livnlrg1979 responded:
1. Name and where you are from? Jennifer from Idaho 2. Work status? full time 3. How many DC and ages? 1; DS will be 12 mo on Saturday 4. Any more DC planned? yes 5. Relationship status? married 12 years 6. Did you ever imagine your life the way it is today? mostly, I always knew I would be married with children but didn't want to be working as much as I am while my babies were little

clint5324 responded:
Name and where you are from? Ohio - Bengals Country 2. Work status? full time would love to be part time but that is just not possible 3. How many DC and ages? 1 DS 21 months 4. Any more DC planned? None planned but I am on the fence about having another. Haven't brought it up to DF though. 5. Relationship status? Engaged. We will be together for 10 years next month. 6. Did you ever imagine your life the way it is today? Yes. I am very happy. Would like to get married one day soon.

alliegirl77 responded:
1. Name and where you are from? Jill - Lee's Summit, MO. Lived in the KC Metro area my ENTIRE life...how boring, eh? 2. Work status? FT working momma - 40+ hours per week. I hate it, but gotta do it. 3. How many DC and ages? One LO - 12 months. SS - 11 years old full-time custody. Ugh. 4. Any more DC planned? Nope. DH is done so I am done as well I suppose 5. Relationship status? Rocky but still married at this moment. We will see what next week brings. 6. Did you ever imagine your life the way it is today? Nope. I had a whole other plan 10 years ago but life threw curves and I have been on the rollercoaster since. Best thing that ever came out of my rollercoaster was my baby girl and for that I am thankful for it but it is certainly not where I thought my life would be. Oh well...that's life. :smile:

foreveramom responded:
1. Name and where you are from? Jessica, Wisconsin 2. Work status? stay at home / work from home mom & wife 3. How many DC and ages? 2 boys ages 20 months and 12 years 4. Any more DC planned? hoping for one more once my health issues get figured out 5. Relationship status? married 8 years 6. Did you ever imagine your life the way it is today? nope... nothing like what I thought it would be.... but the way things are is so much better than I ever hoped

mtlmayhem responded:
1. Name and where you are from? Andrea, Montreal QC Canada 2. Work status? Full time Paralegal, Full time mom 3. How many DC and ages? Donovan- 13.5 months old! 4. Any more DC planned? Maybe? I honestly go back and forth on this question... I love the dynamic that we have, but sometimes think that I'm being selfish, cause mommy guilt tells me that Donnie deserves a sibling, and DH has made it abundantly clear he wants another DC. 5. Relationship status? Legally married, for a year and a half, (BUT we considered married by common-law for 5 prior,) Together for a total of 6 years beautiful years...our "real" anniversary was this past Sunday! 6. Did you ever imagine your life the way it is today? Nope. Not sure what I expected my life to turn out like, but EVERYTHING changed October 4th 2003. :sheepish:

peachyisthelife responded:
1. Name and where you are from? b Cathryn from Georgia 2. Work status? b SAHM 3. How many DC and ages? b 3.5yo DS and 13mo DD 4. Any more DC planned? b Yup, at least one more planned, we'll be TTC at the beginning of next year 5. Relationship status? b happily married 6. Did you ever imagine your life the way it is today? b Yes! I've always wanted a family and wanted to be home with my kids, so my life is exactly what I wanted

Boogie1975 responded:
1. Name and where you are from? Karen from Winchester, Texas 2. Work status? FT social worker for the mentally ill and FT mother (DH is a truck driver with weird hours) 3. How many DC and ages? 2 DC; 1 DS 5 yrs old and 1 DD almost 19 months old 4. Any more DC planned? nope, we are done....just need to get my tubes tied. 5. Relationship status? Will be married 11 years this month...been together 15 years. 6. Did you ever imagine your life the way it is today? Yes, knew I would get married and have kids. Never in a million years did I think I would live in a small community, one bar, one resturant, 2 churches....we live in the country. I am blessed!

MIOB responded:
1. Name and where you are from? Milissa from Central Massachusetts 2. Work status? FT Product Manager, FT Mom (and housekeeper and cook, etc...!) 3. How many DC and ages? Just one little guy - 1 year old! 4. Any more DC planned? Nope - plan on spoiling this one rotten :smile: 5. Relationship status? Married for 8 years, together for 14! (high school sweethearts) 6. Did you ever imagine your life the way it is today? This is exxactly as I was hoping life would turn out (minus the crazy hours at work). I love being a mom and my little one is more than I could have ever hoped for!

ariannasmommy1125 responded:
1. Name and where you are from? Amy from NC 2. Work status? Full Time Work outside of the home 3. How many DC and ages? One so far. Ari turned 19 months old yesterday! 4. Any more DC planned? Yes, one or two more. 5. Relationship status? Happily married for almost 9 years 6. Did you ever imagine your life the way it is today? No, I expected to be able to stay home with my children for at least a while, but we really need 2 incomes right now. I always knew I wanted a husband & children though. When I imagined my life, I finished college & was doing EI for children with cochlear implants, but maybe someday!

sarakraut responded:
1. Name and where you are from? b Sara. I live just Northwest of Atlanta, GA. 2. Work status? b Employed full time as an EDI Coordinator 3. How many DC and ages? b 1 son, Caleb, who is almost 20 months old (eek!) 4. Any more DC planned? b I am 17 weeks pregnant with #2. Pretty sure we are done after this one. 5. Relationship status? b Happily married 6. Did you ever imagine your life the way it is today? b Not fully, but I am very blessed. I had hoped to be a SAHM, instead I work full time and DH is currently staying home with Caleb. He has been laid off twice in the past 7 months.

SarahMcMama responded:
1. Name and where you are from? Sarah. From upstate NY originally, now living in NC. 2. Work status? Full-time financial analyst, but I hate it. Would love to work PT, and spend more time with my DD. 3. How many DC and ages? 1 DD, almost 16 months 4. Any more DC planned? 2 buns in the oven! :sheepish: 5. Relationship status? Married 4 years. Happy. 6. Did you ever imagine your life the way it is today? Kind of. I always wanted to be married with kids, but I don't know if it's quite the way I pictured it. I would be more content raising my children surrounded by more of my extended family ... I just need to settle somewhere!

Julia0713 responded:
1. Name and where you are from? b Julia, from Colorado! 2. Work status? b SAHM, but that may need to change soon... :frown: :crying: 3. How many DC and ages? b Wyatt, 17 months (he'll be 18 months in just 9 days!!!) 4. Any more DC planned? b Yes, at least one more, but we're not sure about timing... At this point it comes down to us not being able to afford it, and not having enough space, if we did have another baby in this house, they'd be sharing a room. 5. Relationship status? b Very happily married 6. Did you ever imagine your life the way it is today? b I always dreamed of living in Colorado, but if you had told me when I was a kid that I'd be living where I live now, married and with a wonderful baby, holy cow I would have died of excitement!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kim and my husband is Rick. We have one girl, Sydney Mira. She is 17 months old. We are happy to be blessed with this happy little girl! Sh...More

Helpful Tips

Emocons
I know everyone is missing the smileys, so here are the different ways to type the smileys (just do not put spaces between the typed words ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.