Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

You have a 1-Year-Old and endless questions?
Welcome! Join the group to learn, laugh and stay on track with your 1-year-old's growth and development.

C-mas Present ?
mrsbeasley123 posted:
So I was wondering for those of you with 2+ kids in close age... If you're going to buy a toy that you know (or think) they will love are you planning on buying them each one or just one to share?

I plan on buying this little hoppy horse thing but I wanted to buy both the girls one so they could hop together and so they wouldn't fight over it. DH said that we should just buy 1. I never thought about it I just we'd buy 2 but now I'm not sure.

What are you ladies doing?

(This is what it is.... www.backtobasicstoys.com/item/productid/7260/txt/Pink_Hop-Along_Horse_Inflatable_Riding_Toy

katieb426 responded:
Depends on the price of the toy and what our budget is! Last year we bought both the boys a peddle tractor and they share it. It was pretty expensive and we don't really need two of them.

That is a cute horse. I think it's something they could share because two of them might take up too much room. However, they would probably have fun racing side by side! Sorry- I guess I'm no help at all!

Oh- and this Christmas, all 6 of us are getting a Wii. Not sure Lilly will be too thrilled, but the rest of us will be!

TanyaJP responded:
I don't have 2+ kids but just sharing my experience from when i was younger. my one sister is about 4 years older than me...well EVERY christmas, my parents would buy us the exact same things because if she didn't, i would want what she had or vice versa. i would probably get two because i think they would love riding it together. and if you find out later only one was necessary, you could always try to sell one.

tkgriffin72 responded:
that is cute! I personally would want to get 2 of them so they could play with them together. However, we have done shared gifts as the kids have gotten older: Xbox 360, with each of them getting separate games but not duplicate games. One year they all 4 got a computer and a desk to put it on. some things they have to share but something like that if you have the money, I'd get them their own. JMO

karven responded:
Two-year-old child is when brain development, but also the ability to learn, ability to imitate an exceptionally strong, you can choose some educational toys, like this: http://www.toyswill.com/forest-explore- animals-paradise-building-blocks-wooden-children-puzzle-toys-jigsaw-giveaways-p-1860.html, you can buy her some of the plush toys, when she believed she would be very happy to have them.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My DH & I are 26, live in Alabama and our first/only child, our son, turned 1 July 26, 2011! At birth he weighed 9 lbs 10 oz & was 21 inches l...More

Helpful Tips

Useful baby wipes
Baby wipes work wonders for removal of make up even mascara!!! They're great for cleaning the bathroom counters/sink real fast as well!! More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 50 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.